MOBILE CHECK DEPOSIT DEMONSTRATION VIDEO
What is Mobile Check Deposit?
F&M Bank Mobile Check Deposit is a service that allows you to electronically deposit checks from your IOS or Android™ device using the F&M Bank Mobile Banking app.
What devices work with Mobile Check Deposit?
Your IOS or Android™ device must be equipped with a camera, ability to access the Internet and receive email and/or text messages. You may be charged access rates depending on your carrier. Check with your carrier for details on specific fees and charges.
How do I know if I am eligible to use Mobile Check Deposit?
In order to use Mobile Check Deposit, you must:
- Maintain an active deposit account;
- Download and install the latest version of the F&M Bank’s mobile banking application to your Mobile Device;
- Use a Mobile Device that has camera functionality;
- Use a Mobile Device that is enabled to receive and transmit data through a mobile carrier service data plan, wireless Internet connection or similar source; and
- Be a registered Online Banking user.
How much does it cost to use Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit is FREE. Mobile data charges may apply. Contact your wireless carrier for details.
How do I sign up for Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit is a feature of our free mobile banking app available for IOS or Android™ device. Within the menu, you will see “Deposit Checks”. Click, read and accept the Mobile Check Deposit User Agreement, and you are ready to make your first deposit. See instructions below.
Are there limits to how much I can deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit has a standard $2,500 per Original Check / $5,000 per day / $50,000 rolling 30-day limit.
How do I make a Mobile Check Deposit?
Making your first mobile check deposit is fast and easy:
- Make sure you have downloaded the F&M Bank Mobile Banking app for either your IOS or Android™ device
- Log in using your Online Banking User ID and Password
- Choose "Mobile Check Deposit" from the Menu then "Deposit Check"
- Select the checking, savings or money market account into which you want to deposit the check
- Enter the amount of your check
- Endorse the back of your check with your name and then “for mobile check deposit”. Your endorsement should be on the left side of the image
- Take pictures of the front and back of your check as prompted
- Submit the check for deposit
- You will receive onscreen deposit pending notification
That's it! You've sent your deposit through a secure connection to F&M Bank. You can review your Mobile Check Deposit and see the images you've submitted by selecting "Mobile Check Deposit" and then "Transactions." These images are available for 180 days. You can only deposit one check at a time.
Am I able to cancel a check that I deposited through Mobile Remote Deposit Capture? No, once you have submitted a check for deposit, you will be unable to cancel the deposit. However, you are able to cancel during the deposit process prior to submitting the deposit for processing.
What happens if I forget to endorse my check?
Unendorsed checks will be rejected. After the item is rejected, you can endorse the check and deposit it again through mobile deposit.
What happens if I get a message about Mobile Deposit needing to have access to my camera?
Go to Settings on your device, find the app for your bank, and click on it. Make sure the camera option is toggled to On.
Do I need to include a deposit slip with my check?
No, a deposit slip is not required.
What if I don’t see CHECK DEPOSIT within my menu options in Mobile Banking?
Verify you have downloaded the latest version of the app that includes CHECK DEPOSIT.
How will I know when the check has been posted to my account?
If you make a deposit with Mobile Check Deposit before 4:00 p.m. (CST) on a business day (Monday through Friday, except holidays), we will consider that day to be the day of your deposit. However, if you make a deposit with Mobile Check Deposit after 4:00 p.m. (CST) on a business day, or on a weekend or federally observed holiday, we will consider the deposit was made on the next business day.
For example: Funds deposited on Monday before 4:00 PM CST will show deposited to your account on Monday. Funds deposited on Monday after 4:00 PM CST will show deposited to your account on Tuesday.
All deposits are subject to review.
Do you have suggestions for taking good photos on your IOS, Android™ device?
All images are reviewed for clarity and completeness. If an error is detected, the service will prompt you to retake the photo. Follow these tips to help ensure a good photo is taken:
- Use an area that is well-lit to prevent shadows
- Ensure the check is flat
- Place the check on a dark surface
- Keep your hands clear of the check
- Remove objects or other items from view
- Make sure all four corners of the check are visible. Use the guides built into the App to help you line up the picture
- Position the camera directly above the check
Why am I unable to deposit my check?
There are a few common errors that may cause your check to be rejected:
- Folded or torn corners
- Front image is not legible
- Amounts not matching
- Routing and account numbers are unclear
- Image is too dark
- Your mobile check deposit access has been removed
What should I do with the check after it has been deposited?
After you confirm that your deposit has posted to your account, mark on the check "VOID" and destroy the check by shredding or another commercially acceptable means of destruction.
How can I review or download the F&M Bank Mobile Check Deposit User Agreement?
You will need to read and understand the Mobile Check Deposit User Agreement. You will find the Mobile Check Deposit User Agreement on the online services page of our website under Mobile Check Deposit.
What items are eligible for deposit?
Original Checks that:
- Are drawn on a financial institution located in the United States and payable in US dollars;
- Are made payable to Client or, for a Consumer Account only, are made payable to Client and/or a joint owner on the Account to which Client is depositing the Original Check;
- Contain all endorsements applied by the parties that handled the Original Check; and
- Contain only authorized and authentic signatures.
Ineligible items that CANNOT be deposited are checks that:
Are not payable to Client in the first instance (i.e., payable to another person or entity and then endorsed to Client);
- Are payable to Client and/or another person or entity if the item is being deposited to a Business Account;
- Are payable to Client and/or another person or entity other than a joint owner on the Consumer Account to which Client is depositing the Original Check;
- Are counterfeit or altered, contains evidence of alteration, or that Client knows or suspects, or should know or suspect, are counterfeit, altered, fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check is drawn;
- Are payable in some currency other than US dollars or drawn on a financial institution located outside of the United States;
- Have previously been deposited with any financial institution;
- Savings bonds
- Are not an Original Check
Note: Mobile Check Deposit service is subject to eligibility. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Access to F&M Bank Mobile Banking apps and Mobile Check Deposit require a valid Online Banking User ID and Password. Regular deposit account charges apply.