- Job Type: Part-Time
- Location: Galesburg, IL
- Date Posted: 3/18/2019
- Apply By: 03/29/2019
Performs variety of customer service duties while receiving and paying out monies and maintaining accurate records for all transactions. Responsible for balancing each day’s transactions and verifying cash totals. Provide excellent customer service, determine customer needs and direct customers to the appropriate departments of the bank.
- Represents the bank to the customer in a courteous and professional manner and provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Recognizes and reacts to cross-selling opportunities; participates in bank campaigns.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit in savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability and enters transactions into bank records via core processing system.
- Cashes checks and pays money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all items to determine negotiability. Processes commercial depository bags and completes coin orders as needed.
- Assures teller drawer balances accurately and in a timely manner at the close of business day; assures all monies are secured according to established security procedures.
- Provides information on a variety of accounts.
- Receives payments for mortgage, installment and other loans.
- Provides customer service in safe deposit area.
- Sells cashiers checks, money orders, travel cards, gift cards, etc.
- Effectively organizes and plans workflow to perform job functions in a timely manner.
- Redeems savings bonds.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- General computer and basic math skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task; excellent organization skills
- Knowledge of bank products
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (not an essential function of the job as defined by the ADA)
Apply by mail or in person at:
P.O. Box 1208/21 E. Main St.
Galesburg, IL 61402-1208
or via email at: [email protected]
(Emails are not a secure form of communication so please do not send any confidential information).