Financial Services Representative
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Location: Peoria, IL
- Date Posted: 3/14/2019
- Apply By: 03/29/2019
Provide teller, receptionist and personal banker services for customers and potential customers. Receptionist duties include answering telephones as well as filing and administrative support to the commercial department. Teller duties include performing customer transactions and drawer/vault balancing. Opens new customer accounts and closes existing accounts. Handles customer account inquiries.
- Represents the bank to the customer in a courteous and professional manner and provides prompt, efficient and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Receives checks and cash for deposit in savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, examines checks for endorsement and negotiability and enters transactions into core processing system.
- Cashes checks and pays money from savings and checking accounts upon verification of signatures and customer account balances. Inspects all checks, bonds, money orders, savings and checking withdrawals to determine negotiability. Processes commercial depository bags and completes coin orders as needed.
- Provides information on a variety of accounts.
- Receives payments for mortgage, installment and other loans.
- Provides customer service in safe deposit area.
- Displays knowledge and proficiency in explaining and selling bank’s products; recognizes sales opportunities and refers customers to appropriate system-wide resources.
- Opens deposit accounts and manages the necessary paperwork to open a full range of consumer and business products in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides quality customer service when answering questions and resolving complaints in person or via telephone.
- Provides administrative services to retail customers for online banking.
- Assures teller drawer balances accurately and in a timely manner at the close of business day; assures all monies are secured according to established security procedures.
- Assists in opening and closing bank procedures as needed.
- Maintains required logs related to procedures and transactions on a daily basis.
- Monitors office supply levels and orders appropriately.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- General PC, 10-key and basic math skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task; excellent organization skills
- General knowledge of bank products
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (not an essential function of the job as defined by the ADA)
Apply by mail or in person at:
P.O. Box 1208/21 E. Main St.
Galesburg, IL 61402-1208
or via email at: [email protected]
(Emails are not a secure form of communication so please do not send any confidential information).